donderdag 26 april 2012

Working really hard on my maquette-assignment

Hello everyone,

The last couple of weeks I've been working on something in 3D :o
That's something I normally would try to avoid, since I'm not very good at it and I lack experience, but it turned out to be fun!
I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. It might not be a real maquette and it looks kind of childish, but I don't care.
It's Sweden-themed, because I love Sweden, with it's little red houses and lights everywhere!
(I'm also learning Swedish by the way!)


I started with sketching houses and calculating how big they should've been (something that is really hard for me, since I hardly know that 1+1=2). And yes, I did make mistakes...

I started building them, and this is what they looked like:


I covered them in tape, to get the feeling of boards.
This is where the fun began!
(Yes, that is a UFO on my T-shirt)


I painted them the typical Swedish-house-red (I know there's other colors of houses there as well, I just love the red ones) and added some detail.


Then I started making the ground...
I used chicken wire to make the shape (which is very painful to work with, my hands are covered in little wounds) and then covered it in paper maché.
I painted the whole thing an extremely ugly shade of green.. (It looks better on the picture)


et voilĂ !
The hole in the middle will become a lake, you'll see!


I added a thin coat of brown on the whole thing to make it look a bit more natural...


Turned it upside down, cut a hole and started to put lights where they should be.


Flipped it over again and put the houses in their place. (The lights are inside the houses)


I then bought felt in different shades of green, which was super-expensive, but oh well, as long as it looks good, right?


Verrry pleased! These pictures were taken with the flash on so.. the colors look weird. They're much more subtle normally.
I had a lot of felt left so I decided to make some trees....


The only thing I still had to do was make the lake...


It isn't very clear on this picture, but what the hey!
I'M FINISHED!!!

The lights aren't working at the moment, I don't know why, when I get it fixed I'll post a picture of the whole thing in the dark (it was meant to be shown that way)

Just one more problem to overcome:
How will I get this to school tomorrow without breaking it?

Edit: I got the lights working again!
I will take better pictures in time, but here's one:


I'm thrilled for my jury tomorrow!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten